Skip to content

F-1 Students

Please select the appropriate F-1 Student form or document below that you wish to complete online.

Note: If you already started a specific online form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.

New Students

  • Initial I-20 Request - All admitted F-1 international students must provide additional information for issuance of your Form I-20 and for any dependents (if applicable). Students enrolled at another school in the U.S. must also provide information about current F-1 status.
  • Transitions - International Student Orientation Program
  • SEVIS Registration Report - required during your first and every semester enrolled at JMU

Current Students


  • Curricular Practical Training (CPT) - off-campus work authorization for an internship/co-op position, related to your program of study, prior to graduation
  • ​Cap Gap Extension - to extend your employment authorization if your employer has a pending H-1B petition to USCIS on your behalf
  • Optional Practical Training (OPT) - off-campus work authorization for up to one year, related to your program of study, after program completion
  • STEM OPT Extension - if you are on OPT after earning a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (government approved STEM fields), and wish to apply for 24 months of additional OPT for an E-Verify employer
  • Report STEM OPT Participation - While on STEM OPT, you must validate your employment every 6 months
  • OPT Employment Update - While on OPT or STEM OPT, you are required to report all employer details at least 1 week in advance of starting or changing employment.